You probably don’t give too much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or unless it is time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible from this invaluable appliance it can be very nice to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cold—and Griffin Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to find out all you might need to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to call refrigerator repair Torrance.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-own kitchen appliance for many years. A household refrigerator will store your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, in order to eliminate rotting and slow down the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by moving the warmth from the inside of the refrigerator to the outside, using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Griffin Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combination of a motor and pump, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
The compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
A condenser is found on the back outside wall of the appliance and will help to disperse the heat absorbed from within the refrigerator out in the air.
The evaporator is installed on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth trapped inside of it, thereby reducing the temperature inside the appliance.
Right when the evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to enlist a professional. Do not wait until it is too late.
Liquid coolant is directed through a capillary tube that works as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, thereby turning the gas into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, engaging a new cooling cycle as appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Torrance for service right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and the cooling period begins. The refrigerator draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The compressor guides the heated gas towards the condenser coils located on the back of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the room and transforms back to a liquified form.
3. The cool liquid then continues its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the coils on the inside of the refrigerator and top freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the hot air from within the refrigerator, reducing the temperature until it has reached the correct final point.
5. The coolant will evaporate, and turns back to a gas form, and returns to the refrigerator compressor in order to continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often found in a number of applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from a single location and moving it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your home, provides a optimal space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule repair with Griffin Appliance Repair.
Griffin Appliance Repair will fix almost all major brands and models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in Torrance are trained to repair and troubleshoot cooling issues, broken ice makers, issues with condensation, water puddles and leaks, lighting, touch panels, smart synchronization and other issues. We know refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2021  Torrance Appliance Repair